Hi, It’s Me, Your Sweet Summer Child
SPOILERS: SPOILERS: MAJOR SPOILERS: FIRST 4 SEASON SPOILERS: PLEASE DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU’RE THINKING OF STARTING THE SHOW. AGAIN: SPOILERS: MAJOR SPOILERS:
In typical vacuumslayer fashion I’ve begun watching Game of Thrones …now... as it gets ready to enter its eighth season. Do I have feels? You bet I do. All of them and even some new ones, just invented by me, vacuumslayer.
LGM readers, I am almost midway through season 4 and I’m feeling as smug as King Joffrey right before he barfed up his liquified intestines. I–vacuumslayer–am actually semi-literate in something that’s popular. I feel like roaring with pride, like I’m a big girl now.
I’ve written some pretty self-indulgent, navel-gazing posts before, but this will post will top them all because basically I just want to gossip about GOT seasons 1-4.
Feels I’m feeling:
- The Red Wedding gutted me. I felt actually breathless and depressed after the show.
- I still haven’t gotten over Ned Stark’s death. I don’t know if I ever will.
- I did not care much for Sansa at first but am QUICKLY learning to like her. She is someone to watch and I hope she’s not heading for a beheading soon.
- I am Team Stark Always and Forever.
- I love Dany but am extremely uncomfortable with the White Savior stuff. I find myself cringing through a lot of her recent scenes.
- When King Joffrey died I think I actually exhaled.
- I think the sets and costumes are gorgeous; I’m obsessed with Dragonstone and the tree outside of Winterfell with the red leaves.
- I kind of want Davos to kick Stannis in the balls.
- I knew it was coming but was still gutted by Theon’s betrayal of the Starks.
- I’m beginning to like Jamie Lannister, which is extremely concerning to me because, you know, murderous incesty guy…
So, let’s talk…ALL ABOUT ME…DISCOVERING GAME OF THRONES!!
(Please no spoilers beyond mid-season 4 for this newb. I’m begging.)