When you consider all the stars I have managed, mere submarines make me smile.
- The Navy will deploy its first conventional hypersonic missiles on the Virginia class attack submarines. Really, there is no longer any consequential difference between an SSN (attack sub) and SSGN (cruise missile sub). This is a good thing, though, because these missiles shouldn’t be launched from anything resembling an SSBN.
- Lists of cancelled American bombers are like catnip to me…
- Very interesting stuff on “secret” international agreements.
- A good collection of material on how China is handling the coronavirus outbreak.
- This, regarding Assange and a proffered pardon, is certainly worth following.
- Not all is well with the French-Australian submarine deal (the French are worried that Australian industry can’t uphold its part of the bargain with joint production) but I’m sure this vote of confidence will make everything okay!