Some ships are designed to sink… others require our assistance.
- Evil in the Peloponnesian War. I don’t buy the connection with fascism, which has more ideological content than “the strong rule,” but there’s nevertheless some interesting ideas.
- Looking good for a no-strings renewal of New START. The Trump administration’s efforts to strong-arm Russia into multilateral talks were an utter, predictable, and pathetic failure.
- Solarwinds and the weird terminology of cyber-conflict. Also, Solarwinds was not war.
- Having accomplished its primary nuclear goals, North Korea is doing some much needed remediation on its conventional capabilities.
- The folks at Balloons to Drones are having a series on the Gulf War thirty years on, and they’ve gotten some big names (Warden, Deptula) to contribute…
- Interesting stuff on convoy escort as a naval mission. There have been some very profound changes in anti-submarine warfare since WWII that have transformed how subs are hunted and destroyed, but convoys still potentially play some role.