The real universe is always one step beyond logic.
- More delays on the reinstatement of Captain Crozier. Hard to imagine how the Department of the Navy could have handled this situation worse.
- Also, it looks like we’re going with the Italian frigate. The ships (ten of which will be built in Wisconsin in the first batch) will be variations on an established Franco-Italian design, displacing about 6000 tons with a per unit cost of around $900 million. It’s a safe choice, as such things go.
- The USS Zumwalt will finally enter service, of a sort. No guns because the bullets are too expensive, though.
- But sometimes weird experimental boats do work out, like USS Narwhal.
- Don’t even start talking to me about bioweapons. Too soon!
- Bret Devereaux on the Fremen Mirage.