Among other things which they remembered in their distress was, very naturally, the following verse which the old men said had long ago been uttered: A Dorian war shall come and with it death. So a dispute arose as to whether dearth and not death had not been the word in the verse; but at the present juncture, it was of course decided in favour of the latter; for the people made their recollection fit in with their sufferings. I fancy, however, that if another Dorian war should ever afterwards come upon us, and a dearth should happen to accompany it, the verse will probably be read accordingly.
- Insights from infectious disease games…
- Coronavirus, cults, and Korea.
- Nuclear forces in Russian maritime strategy.
- China’s propaganda machine gets going on coronavirus.
- Bombing Iraq again for some reason…
- COVID-19 containment on the front lines in Italy.