Omaha Beach, June 6, 1944
Trump says that members of Antifa have "little arms," not strong arms, and have to resort to using clubs. He says, "Where are the Bikers for Trump? Where are the police? Where are the military? Where are – ICE? Where are the Border Patrol?"
— Daniel Dale (@ddale8) November 4, 2018
(1) Donald Trump is a fascist. Whatever the “fascist minimum” may be, he’s now exceeded it as surely as Mike Trout has already exceeded the Hall of Fame performance minimum (Trump and Trout have both constructed first ballot resumes in record time.)
(2) The Republican party is now controlled in every relevant respect by Donald Trump, who is a fascist. This makes the Republican party Donald Trump’s party, which makes it the party of fascism.
(3) Voting for a Republican candidate for anything is voting for fascism. It’s not “arguably analogous to voting for fascism,” or “uncomfortably close to giving support to fascism,” or “potentially helping the advancement of American fascism.” It’s voting for fascism.
(4) Voting for Democrats is voting against fascism. You don’t have to like your local Democrat, or even any Democrats. You just have to hate them less than you hate fascism. Vote against fascism by voting for Democrats.
(5) If you’re even thinking about voting for a third party candidate you need to think again. A vote for a third party candidate is, objectively, a vote that is not against fascism. A vote not against fascism is, functionally, a vote for fascism. Don’t vote for fascism.