I understand that rehabilitating George W. Bush’s image just because he wears his human suit once in awhile and Trump doesn’t even own one is an extremely bad idea. He was a terrible president, a president who paved the way for the shenanigans we’re seeing in Florida…again. And, of course, there’s those two pesky, unending wars that killed thousands and thousands. He was about as bad as it gets. Is he “worse” than Trump? I don’t know.
- Trump heads an administration that is actively hostile towards climate change science. As one of the wealthiest, most powerful countries in the world I’m not sure how this doesn’t have dire global impact.
- There has been a significant uptick in hate crimes committed by
menpeople who’ve been emboldened by the president’s rhetoric.
- It would be irresponsible not the blame bi-weekly massacres (and thwarted massacres) committed by racist misogynists on the president. He encourages their misdirected hatred and he’s in the pocket of of the NRA, so we’ll suffer more and more and more of these mass killings until–presumably–we have an administration and congress that is willing to strengthen gun laws.
- The president is beloved by actual Nazis. (Please see bullet point 3.)
- There’s that whole creeping fascism thing…the demonizing of the press, the demonizing of immigrants, political opponents, the encouraging violence against protesters, encouraging violence against Antifa. (Please see bullet point 4.)
- “THE DAILY CALLER: Tucker Carlson had his house attacked, he had a mob outside of his house while his wife was home. They cracked the door — what is this violence? Where does it come from? Do you have a message for Tucker and his family?POTUS: I do, I spoke to Tucker and I think Tucker’s a great guy and I think it’s terrible, they were actually trying to break down the door.
THE DAILY CALLER: How do you think the police should handle Antifa, generally?
POTUS: These people, like the Antifa you’re talking about, the Antifa — they better hope that the opposition to Antifa decides not to mobilize. Because if they do, they’re much tougher. Much stronger. Potentially much more violent. And Antifa’s going to be in big trouble. But so far they haven’t done that, and that’s a good thing.
But they better hope that the other side doesn’t mobilize, you understand what I’m saying. Because if you look, the other side is the military, it’s the police, it’s a lot of very strong, a lot of very tough people. Tougher than them. And smarter than them. And they’re sitting back and watching and they’re getting angrier and angrier.”
So I’ll excuse the sense of urgency many people have these days; Trump is a genuine menace. And, oh yeah…as Shakezula put it:
And I find the charge of racism *extremely* puzzling. Unless the point is to rank the impacts of racism, which is pretty damn racist.
— Feminazgûl thinks voters are groovy (@jkyles10) November 16, 2018