I Guess Romney Supports Gay Rights After All!!

[ 54 ] May 11, 2012 |

Presented without comment:

1. NBarnes says:

Is this legit? Mitt worked hard to equivocate (Mitt Romney trying to have it both ways on an issue? Quel dommage!) on queer issues during his run for MA governer, but this seems pretty straightforwardly supportive.

Not that Multiple-Choice Mitt is incapable of trying to narrowcast this one.

2. Julian says:

lookatthisfuckingcentrist.com

Someone make a tumblr. Sell to Google for 1B dollars. I get 15%.

You’d think that having told a variety of lies throughout a career would make people less likely to trust you. But to paid liars, this just makes Mitt part of the club.

• Incontinentia Buttocks says:

But to paid liars, this just makes Mitt part of the club.

But to be a little fair to the wingnuts, they mostly understand that what one says (let alone what once said) matters infinitely less than what one does…and what one will do in the future. The far right has every reason to trust that they’ll get exactly what they want out of a Romney presidency. Not because Mitt necessarily believes what they believe (who knows what he actually believes?), but because they understand that he wants power and, since he does, they’ll have him by the short hairs.

• Anonymous says:

See Conservative, Compassionate

• DrDick says:

Is there any evidence that Romney actually believes anything, other than that he is entitled?

• Malaclypse says:

I do believe that he believes in the LDS religion. And I believe that he believes he is entitled to be a MOTR, because he was Valiant in the Preexistence.

• joe from Lowell says:

Ironically, I think his homophobia is legit. He did things as governor to marginalize and disrespect gay people that provided absolutely no payoff for him.

• The gauntlet is thrown, and a challenger responds

lookatthisfuckingcentrist.wordpress.com

Submit posts to

bothsidesdoit

@

gmail.com

Let’s all take this journey together

3. Murc says:

How the hell did this not show up in the primary?

The Santorum campaign could have gone crazy with it.

• David says:

It did…I know I saw it a few times. However, I think the authenticity had been doubted in the past.

4. rea says:

That Mitt Romney died years ago.

• R Johnston says:

The Mitt Romney who transparently lied about what he believes dies? When?

• Tcaalaw says:

I think rea is channeling Ben Kenobi:

Luke: Ben! Why didn’t you tell me? You told me that Darth Vader betrayed and murdered my father.

Obi-Wan: Your father was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true… from a certain point of view.

• calling all toasters says:

That Mitt Romney died years ago.

Oh no, not him, he never lost control. You’re face to face with the man who sold the world his soul.

5. Scott S. says:

Don’t I remember this being put out by some extreme rightwinger group as a way to try to drive gay-hating voters away from Romney? I can’t say for certain, but I do seem to remember that as some sort of GOP dirty trick…

6. cpinva says:

i always suspected mr. romney was AC/DC. just part of his ever evolving id.

7. Snarki, child of Loki says:

Well, c’mon.

Mitt’s position on gay rights has been evolving.

Or maybe revolving? Evolving in a revolting direction, it seems.

8. charles pierce says:

This is my screw-up. Sorry, all.

9. Aaron Baker says:

I could be well moved if I were as you.
    If I could pray to move, prayers would move me.
    But I am constant as the northern star,
    Of whose true-fixed and resting quality
    There is no fellow in the firmament.
    The skies are painted with unnumbered sparks.
    They are all fire and every one doth shine,
    But there’s but one in all doth hold his place.
    So in the world. ‘Tis furnished well with men,
    And men are flesh and blood, and apprehensive,
    Yet in the number I do know but one
    That unassailable holds on his rank,
    Unshaked of motion.

10. ploeg says:

Mitt Romney supports the right of gay people to marry people of the opposite sex.

11. c u n d gulag says:

I’m still hoping for a video of Mitt, on a float, leading a Gay Pride Parade in MA – dressed like Carmen Miranda, and singing “Weekend in Havana.”

Now THAT might cause some conservative’s heads to explode!
    I just hope the collateral damage is minimal.

12. JoAnne says:

Where are the JOBS?

Why isn’t the president talking about JOBS?

Romney is…

13. [...] Lawyers, Guns & Money] Tags: flip flops, gay rights, Mitt Romney, sandals Comments [...]

14. [...] and Child TweetAnyone who’s been paying attention knows that Mitt Romney — who expediently claimed to support LGBT rights while running for office in Massachusetts and famously promised to be [...]