Election ’10: A Fifth of Bourbon and an Open Thread

[ 27 ] November 2, 2010 |

Discuss the atrocities. Remember, not very Republican will be able to party like he or she is Carl Paladino. Take Carl Paladino, for instance. Please!

…see Kilgore’s useful guide.

…ack, MSNBC calls Feingold loss.

…At least McMahon lost.

1. Scott Lemieux says:

Looks like GA is a hold for the GOP–we’re doomed!

2. Scott Lemieux says:

John Kacish is running for governor? I had forgotten he ever existed…

3. Anonymous says:

Looks like Feingold is in big trouble. This is just depressing…

4. Malaclypse says:

This is Good News for John McCain.

More seriously, I’m hoping that is bad news for Rand Paul.

5. Scott Lemieux says:

At least Blumenthal wins…

6. Nathan says:

Please tell me you’re talking about the one second from the left not the one on the far right >:

7. Anonymous says:

Who’s in line behind Reid for Senate Majority leader?

8. TT says:

For me, Pat Toomey’s victory is the hardest to take. He’s a genuinely dangerous freak, a WSJ Editorial Page wet dream. Hopefully there will be supreme buyer’s remorse in PA by 2016.

• asdfsdf says:

It was so damn close, too. My first time voting, I vote straight democrat.

How do you think I felt when I saw that there wasn’t even a line for the polls at lunchtime?! The people staffing the polls were from the local High School! This is how deep the apathy had set: people have become disenchanted by the time they reach college.

Oh well. 2 years of Republicans and people will start caring again, just you wait.

9. Joe says:

Voter discontent = voting in more assholes.

So f-ing mature.

10. wengler says:

Am I getting ahead of myself when I am thinking about which Democratic Senators will vote to convict Obama after his inevitable impeachment by the House?

So far I am thinking Nelson, Landrieu, Manchin, and Lieberman.

11. [...] infamously sent out dirty bestiality emails, threatened to “take out” a reporter, took drunken photos with young adults, and railed against gay pride parades for their supposed use of Speedos. He [...]

12. mark f says:

Well, I live in Massachusetts. Fag-baiting, thug cops and promises to fuck the state over are apparently still considered bugs in this state.

• Malaclypse says:

Same here. For all that the nation is fucked, I have never in my life voted for as many candidates/initiatives that won before.

I’m thrilled Hudak lost, and lost badly. Given the signage, I was seriously afraid my district was going to elect a Birther.

• mark f says:

I’m actually disappointed in McGovern’s total, but whatever. I think this is the first time (uncontested primaries excepted) where my whole ballot was a winner.

• Malaclypse says:

The only thing I lost on was sales tax for alcohol. I voted to keep it, but I think it got repealed.

• mark f says:

It was. It was a tough call for me but ultimately I don’t like moralistic and regressive taxes. I also voted for the Republican in the Worcester County Sheriff’s race; I almost left it blank but figured it might be close and I didn’t want the law & order tough guy former head of the state police to get in there, plus the R was saying the more progressive things.