- Meghan O’Rourke and Ruth Franklin with more on sexism and book reviewing.
- Although if the NYTBR fails to review this, I wouldn’t say it’s evidence of sexism.
- Thesis: Carl Paladino is a bigger trainwreck than Christine O’Donnell.
- The best book about baseball not written by Bill James turns 40.
- Bazelon on the tragedy at the Virginia Quarterly Review.
- Although I vaguely remember Rush Limbaugh’s short-lived TV show Rush Limbaugh Plugs His Unreadable Book for 22 Minutes, I didn’t know that he guest-hosted for Pat Sajak’s even more short-lived talk show, with grimly hilarious results.
- The Kansas City Royals and the Domino’s Pizza marketing strategy.
- Jacob Levy on James Scott.
- Without getting into the too-often-rehashed-in-the-history-of-this-blog larger point, I must respectfully disagree with Daniel that strategic and tactical voting are necssarily a “pathology” for a democratic system. In fact, strategic voting is what allows badly designed voting systems (such as, say, the American and British ones) to usually replicate the results of well-designed voting systems.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.