The basic creed of the gangster, and for that matter of any other type of criminal, is that whatever a man has is his only so long as he can keep it, and that the one who takes it away from him has not done anything wrong, but has merely demonstrated his smartness.
- Nice piece on Esper’s comments about the Insurrection Act, which also explains why official resignations over policy are so rare.
- “Decoupling” from China will be difficult, if not impossible.
- The very concept of police and “paramilitary” involves a lot of intersection, but nevertheless this is a useful account of the process of militarization in the US.
- If you want to blow up surface-to-missile systems at range, this baby is for you!
- If you ever wanted to know more about Turkey’s maritime ambitions and the role that those ambitions play in broader Turkish security policy, try this very dense piece…
- Robot submarines!