Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise in time.
- The US Marine Corps is planning a major restructure that will make it smaller, lighter, more mobile, and presumably more capable of fighting China.
- Lindsay Cohn has a nice primer on what we mean when we describe the “militarization” of the police. This may become even more salient as resistance to social distancing measures grows.
- This is Roman Week in the Farley Homeschool syllabus, and so I read this review of a book on the armies of the Republic with some interest…
- More about this later, but it’s remarkable how badly the US and China have collaborated during the COVID-19 outbreak. I suspect that Moscow and Washington might have managed better during the Cold War.
- COVID-19 has effectively put the USS Theodore Roosevelt out of action.
- The next generation of the Luftwaffe will include Typhoons, Super Hornets, and Growlers.