Some Friday Links: Alpha Cat Edition
This made me laugh because I just immediately pictured a bunch of men randomly knocking things over in a bid to be “alpha like cats.” https://t.co/OnJgBjvtrU
— Scooty-Puff Sr. (@LedZepBoxedSet) March 27, 2018
- I have not read “Ready Player One” nor seen the movie but I guess if your writing is funny enough you can transcend my ignorance and still make me laugh about something I know close to nothing about. Highlights from McSweeney’s “Ready Player Two: Girl Stuff”:
- “In a while, Totodile,” I said, which is a Pokémon.
- “Good luck in there!” said Astolat. She had a voice like Amanda Bynes.
- “I find you… so compelling,” he said, and gently rubbed the fake cat ears I was wearing. “I think I’m falling in love with you.”I froze. How could I possibly convey the depth of my feelings? I caught his hand in my own, and said softly, “Rawr.”“Rawr?”“It means ‘I love you’ in dinosaur.”
- Noah Berlatsky has the guts to ask if all ideas merit debate. Spoiler alert: they don’t.
- Let’s be honest: anyone who plays a part in taking down Trump and this turd-fire administration is going to be a little bit sexy.
- RedPillers decide to take their cues from cats, who are alpha. Yes, it’s exactly as stupid as it sounds.