NRA Enemies List

[ 79 ] February 2, 2013 |

How the deuce am I not on the NRA enemies list?

What the heck does a C-list blogger have to do to get on this list, use common metaphors that right-wingers pretend call for the assassination of the NRA wacko Wayne LaPierre in order to stoke mock outrage and distract attention from the fact that NRA-supported policies facilitated the death of 26 people in Connecticut?

Wait, I’ve already done that!!!

Hard to break through in this world, I’ll tell you what.

1. CD says:

Maybe Horowitz will get around to updating the 100 most dangerous professors list.

2. herr doktor bimler says:

What’s the NRA’s current position on gun-ownership registries, such as bad people might use to track down gun owners and give them a hard time or target them for burglary?

• efgoldman says:

…such as bad people might use to track down gun owners and give them a hard time or target them for burglary?

Well, all those people will have guns, right? So they will just go ahead and blast the burglars (and the rest of the neighborhood.) I mean, shit, don’t they read their own publicity, like that crazy woman who testified before Congress this week, gonna’ blast four or five of the fuckers with her kids lined up behind her?

• Timb says:

They oppose gun registries, since everyone knows the only reason anyone would want that is as a prelude to gun confiscation. It’s why I refuse to register my TV with Costco’s warranty plan; obviously, the only reason Costco wants to know is they can confiscate the TV in the middle of the night

3. cpinva says:

clearly, you just don’t know the right people.

“What the heck does a C-list blogger have to do to get on this list”

i’m guessing you weren’t on nixon’s “enemies list” either, amirite? oh, wait, you weren’t actually born yet………….

4. herr doktor bimler says:

I look forward to the day when the farm lobby issues a list of nutritions and food purists and anyone else opposed to adulterating everything with HFCS and similar food-based products.

There will be jokes about them issuing a trans-fatwah.

5. efgoldman says:

Loomis, are you the dedicated late night and weekend guy?
    If you were the senior blogger here, you might have a chance. I bet Scott is there, at least as a footnote. Or maybe they only publish annually, and heads/pikes will make the next issue.

6. Thers says:

Ed Koch is on that list.

It would be irresponsible not to speculate.

7. wjts says:

Remarkably, Andy Williams is on the list despite being, you know, dead. Equally remarkably, the Tribune Media Group is on the list despite publishing, you know, The Chicago Tribune.

8. Jewish Steel says:

Mercy! That’s a mighty list. I think everyone in the US could be on that list in some capacity.

Are sure you weren’t in Boys II Men?

9. Maybe you’re on the double-secret, hated with the heat of a thousand suns list.

10. Incontinentia Buttocks says:

I made Massada 2000’s SHIT (Self-Hating Israel Theatening Jews) List!

11. Clark says:

God Damn you Carol Bayer Sager! You’ll never take my guns.

12. Sly says:

You honestly think you’re a bigger threat to liberty than the Unitarians, Hallmark Cards, and MacGyver?

13. cpinva says:

prof. loomis, i did a bit of research for you, and found this. can’t hurt to give it a, um, uh……………shot.

worst case, it costs you for a long-distance call.

14. dl says:

Damn, they didn’t even bother to put Geraldo’s last name. Cold blooded. Also, you bet your ass that the Rams wouldn’t be on the list if that naughty NFL hadn’t blacklisted Rush.

15. J. Otto Pohl says:

Competition is tough. Hell, I have not been able to get a single link from LGM to my blog denouncing one of my posts even though I take a number of extreme right wing positions such as freedom for Palestine, no military intervention in Mali, and opposition to Stalinist crimes.

• The Dark Avenger says:

C’mon, J. Otto, are you really going to tell us you’re not sad that the Islamicists in Mali didn’t get a chance to destroy all those centuries-old manuscripts in Timbuktu after all?

• J. Otto Pohl says:

I am glad the manuscripts survived. Although natural causes destroy a lot of documents in Africa daily without any concern in the US or Europe. But, destruction of documents does not seem to be a good reason to go to war. Otherwise how come Nixon established relations with China instead of invading them during the Cultural Revolution when the regime was destroying millions of precious and unique cultural artifacts including ancient manuscripts both in China proper and in Tibet, Inner Mongolia, and East Turkestan? Obviously that was much greater cause for war than what happened in Mali recently.

• The Dark Avenger says:

How about innocent people losing their lives to the Islamicists? Isn’t that a good enough reason to go to war?

That something that should’ve been done in the past wasn’t isn’t an excuse for similar inaction in the present.

But, keep telling us how the Islamicists are so much better than Stalinists these days………………

• J. Otto Pohl says:

Generally countries go to war because it is necessary to protect their vital interests. I do not see any US vital interests in helping France in Mali. The Islamists have killed relatively few people in Mali. Certainly far fewer than the US supported Rwandan forces have in Congo. Do you really think the US should invade every country that violates human rights and that it was a mistake not to invade mainland China in 1967? Is the new leftist orthodoxy that the US should declare war and bomb every country that violates human rights? God you people really are nuts.

• LosGatosCA says:

Buck up, you’re on my ‘ignore and indifference’ list if that makes you feel better.

16. I too was disappointed to find out that I am not on this list…clearly my internet profile is not sufficient for the NRA to consider me to be an existentialist threat. Back to the drawing board…gotta formulate a new cunning plan….WHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

17. Gorram American Academy of Pediatrics.

You can tell they’re really bad because they made the list twice.

18. arguingwithsignposts says:

Just out of curiosity, where is the “C” list of bloggers?

19. John Protevi says:

The Ambulatory Pediatric Association and the National Association of Chain Drug Stores. We’re talking ice cream, Mandrake, children’s ice cream. Your hard-core commie is going to use ambulances to take sick children to drug stores to get fluoridated ice cream.

20. KadeKo says:

All I can think of is a Pogo series in which Churchy and maybe Owl were chuffed that they weren’t on an enemies list of Simple J. Malarkey.

Some things never change.

21. oldster says:

“How the deuce am I not on the NRA enemies list?”

Isn’t this kinda easy?

You will appear on their list, just as soon as the NRA can raise money by putting you on their list.

“Nancy Pelosi!!” “Jane Fonda!!”

Those are names that raise money from the rubes.

Don’t worry–they may be focus-grouping your name right now, to see if they can use it to raise blood-pressures and open wallets.

22. Uncle Ebeneezer says:

Always a bridesmaid…

23. Bill Murray says:

“How the deuce am I not on the NRA enemies list?”

Have you made it clear that you have deliberately not shot people when you had the chance?

What about cold-bloodedly not buying guns, when you had the money to?

and that you didn’t shoot the sheriff?

24. Jonas says:

I think every Jewish organization in America is on the list. Hadassah? Really? It’s like they don’t realize that only Nazis want to take away guns in order to bring about another holocaust.

• Lieutenant Général des Armées Navales François-Joseph Paul, marquis de Grasse Tilly, comte de Grasse says:

While not a single neo-Nazi, white supremacist group is on the list.

Makes you wonder? Or not.

There’s a lot over overlap between this list and the one the Klan has I’m sure.

Consider the Jewish Labor Committee, sorta makes you feel nostalgic for the HUAC doesn’t it.

And the existential threat from the National Black Nurses` Association. If that doesn’t justify the 8.9th gun in your household you are just some liberal moron sleeping while Red Skull plots to take over America.

25. John McCutcheon had a song in the wake of the post-9/11 ClearChannel purge

I didn’t make this list
    Though I’ve worked my whole life long
    Twenty five recordings
    They can’t find one lousy song?
    It’s a slap in the face, an awful disgrace
    What do I have to do
    To make the grade and not be played
    Like Sinatra and U2?

“Christmas in the Trenches” really should have made the list, too.

26. Hogan says:

That list needs more crosshairs.

27. peter says:

You don’t get on the best enemies lists till you’ve got tenure.

28. Jim Lynch says:

Of course, the horse has left the barn. But it’s unwise to goad gun nuts, even in jest. Consider that they qualify as being nuts because they’re stupid and humorless and take such things very, very seriously. And it only takes one, Eric.

29. wembley says:

So many medical professionals on that list. You’d think the NRA would get a clue.

30. Kay Dennison says:

Oh hell!!!! I couldn’t find Bill Maher isn’t on the list so we know it’s not to be taken seriously!!!

31. Roger Ailes says:

You’re no Peter Bonerz. Step up your game, man!

32. Shakezula says:

You were bumped at the last minute for Tara Lipinski.

Hey, it makes as much sense as the fact Tara Lipinski is on the list.

Which makes as much sense as allowing an organization that is afraid of pixie-sized ice skaters to have a say in shaping national policy.

The shark. It has been triple Salchowed.

33. commie atheist says:

Judging from some of the names on the list (Louie Anderson? Is he even still alive?), I have a feeling this list hasn’t ben update for ten years, if not more. So buck up, Erik. There’s still hope.

34. calling all toasters says:

You think this is bad? Just wait until Jewel makes the list before you do.

35. [...] report the falsity of the charge in the same sentence in which they report the charge.”“How the deuce am I not on the NRA enemies list?”“Few Australians would deny that their country is safer today as a consequence of gun [...]