Bigots of the Day

[ 66 ] January 31, 2013 |

Tennessee legislators.

1. sharculese says:

So… it seems like we need to stop calling in the Don’t Say Gay bill and start calling it the Assisted Homicide bill.

Because I don’t see any other way this plays out.

2. ironic irony says:

And conservatives bitch and complain about “libruls tellin’ us how to raise our children”?

Really?!

3. c u n d gulag says:

And, how, unless the student “outs” him or her self to them, exactly are the teachers and administrators supposed to determine if a child “might” be gay?

What criteria does one use to determine that?

A girl who likes sports?
    A girl who’s a “tomboy,” because she likes to hang around with the boys, and punches their arms?
    Does the girl prefer jeans to dresses?

A boy who likes poetry?
    A boy who likes to hang around with girls, and giggles a lot?
    Does the boy like to be very neatly dressed?

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

We don’t need Flouride in the feckin’ water in some states, we need feckin’ Thorazine!

• rea says:

It’s easy–the one’s who might be gay are the ones complaining about being bullied, or about being abused at home.

• c u n d gulag says:

Well, it’s obvious that no bully could EVER be gay!

No possibility of a child lashing out at others, because they feel any sense of sexual confusion or percieved inadequacy.
        NOPE!
        Never happens.

• Bill Murray says:

I am guessing reading their students facebook page is how they will know who is gay

• Malaclypse says:

If there is one lesson from middle school I will always remember, it is that you don’t need to be attracted to men to be a fag.

Not that changes the appallingness of the bill at all, but it does point out the absurdity.

• c u n d gulag says:

Yeah, if they were to accuse every middle school child who was ever called a “fag” or a “dyke,” then, well, EVERY parent would be told that their child is, or “might” be, Gay.

The “TEH STOOOOOPID FORCE” is powerful in these people.

• Pestilence says:

Which is actually the answer, for teachers – rather than possibly break the law by failing to report one, clearly ALL students need to be reported as potentially gay.

• DrDick says:

I, too, am all to familiar with that phenomenon. Growing up in Oklahoma in the 50s and 60s was, shall we say, an experience. One I generally try to forget.

• A small bit of good news re: gender essentialism. I was looking at my son’s Fisher Price racetrack and thinking “I bet girls would have fun racing cars, too.” So anyway, I spot–on the side of the box it came in–a little girl playing with the track. It was pretty neat. Baby steps, baby steps…

• grouchomarxist says:

So I’m guessing that — if you’re a boy — joining the Drama Club is right out. (Or do they even have such a thing as Drama Club, in these glorious days of teaching to the test?)

4. Tennessee lawmakers are knee-deep in derp.

I mean, do wingnuts just sit around thinking of ways to be shitty and awful?

Way to shift some paradigms, dude.

• Cody says:

It’s just the next level of No Child Left Behind.

First, if you got bad grades then you got no money to be educated. So naturally you got a bad education and your grades got worse.

Now if you get bad grades because your family doesn’t have money, you also get less money!

One step closer to creating a concrete ceiling for the impoverished.

• BigHank53 says:

I’m wondering how long it is before Campfield proposes debtor’s prisons. Run by CCA or Wackenhut, of course. Just shove all the poors someplace where he doesn’t have to look at them or have his Christian mind troubled by them. It’d only cost about $40,000 each per year, and they’ll surely save all that money once they kill TANF and SCHIP and close those failing schools, right?

• DrDick says:

I mean, do wingnuts just sit around thinking of ways to be shitty and awful?

Why yes, yes they do.

• grouchomarxist says:

I don’t know whether Campfield’s wingnuttery is genuine or a convenient pose (my money’s on the former) but one thing’s for sure: this kind of grandstanding appeals to the shitty, awful people who vote for him.

5. Tybalt says:

They are pretty much the Bigots of Every Day. Not a day seems to pass at the moment without something appalling coming out of the TN legislature. Are they in the middle of a short session or something?

• Snarki, child of Loki says:

…and do they ride to work on the “short bus”?

Based on GOP projection, I have to conclude that the TN state legislature is absolutely RIDDLED with closeted homosexuals. No doubt the TN capitol nightlife picks up a lot when the legislature swishes into town.

6. Winchester says:

Sexual morality is utterly, critically important.

Sexual perversion is damaging to mankind.

Marriage is truly, truly SACRED and not a mere point of civil contract law.

Divorce is evil.

Divorce and remarriage is intolerable.

Sex outside of marriage is gravely sinful.

Masturbation is gravely sinful.

Sodomy and all of the other sexual perversions are so evil that they literally destroy entire civilizations.

Contraception is evil.

• Malaclypse says:

Obsessed troll is obsessed.

Citation hilariously lacking.

• BigHank53 says:

Man, no wonder you can’t get laid.

• Uncle Kvetch says:

Pancakes are delicious.

• UH-OH. You know what this means, don’t you? An awful lot of conservative folks in conservative states are sinning. A lot. All the time.

• e e cummings says:

Needs moar ALL-CAPS. Like this:

Sexual morality (OF OTHER PEOPLE) is utterly, critically IMPORTANT (to my self-image).

Sexual perversion is DAMAGING to mankind (and to my imagination).

Marriage is truly, truly SACRED and not a mere point of civil contract law. AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT MARRIAGE IS LIKE AS SOON AS I GET MARRIED. BUT MY GIRLFRIEND LIVES IN CANADA SO YOU CAN’T MEET HER.

Divorce is EVIL.

Divorce and remarriage is INTOLERABLE.

Sex outside of marriage is GRAVELY SINFUL.

MASTURBATION (WHICH I HAVE STUDIED VERY CAREFULLY) is gravely sinful.

Sodomy and all of the other sexual perversions are so evil that they literally destroy ENTIRE civilizations. NOT JUST PARTS OF CIVILIZATIONS, BUT ENTIRE CIVILIZATIONS.

Contraception is EVIL. (EVIL, I TELL YOU, EVIL!!!111!!. MY GIRLFRIEND, WHO LIVES IN CANADA SO YOU CAN’T MEET HER, THINKS IT’S EVIL TOO.)

See how much more reasonable that is?

• FLRealist says:

Wow, I bet you’re boring in bed.

• Murc says:

Dude, now you aren’t even trying.

Your first few posts were pretty amazing; you were genuinely entertaining, way better than JenBobNorman or Dagney.

This is just kind of sad.

• DrDick says:

Please define “perversion.” If you mean something which is abnormal in humans, then homosexuality does not qualify. It is found in pretty much every society and is accepted in about 2/3 of them. If you mean something that no other animal does, you are also shit out of luck since same sex sexuality is reported for every species, from insects to humans, for which we have adequate data. Celibacy, fully endorse by you and your perverted church, is the most unnatural sex act of all.

• JKTHs says:

This trolling is starting to border on Poe’s law. The post almost sounds like it’s mocking wingnuts.

• dl says:

Guys, that had to be a parody post. Don’t get so worked up.

• redwoods says:

Okay, I’ve got Sex Outside of Marriage, Contraception Masturbation and Sodomy. Guys, I think I’ve got Bingo! So which civilization did I destroy?

7. Cody says:

Why can’t we get the Republican party of free speech and complaining about over-regulation back!?

(I’m not completely sure it ever existed – I just assume it was before I was born)

• Left_Wing_Fox says:

Not sure if they ever did. The right loves the benefits of constitutional freedoms, but refuse to accept the consequences (i.e. that it applies to faiths and words other than theirs)

8. Manju says:

Somewhere in the ocean a shark peers upwards and says; “I would’ve never pegged Fonzie for a Republican”.

• speak truth's mom's pancake fumes says:

Sharks schmarks! What I want to know is does Mrs. Fonzie peg him like a republican?

• Manju says:

peg him like a republican?

The only way to find out is to go to one of the bathroom stalls in the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.

9. speak truth's mom's pancake fumes says:

In Tennessee, they just go right ahead and execute gay dogs, so I guess us gay humans need to thank our lucky stars.