It’s like they replaced his dog-whistle with a bull-horn and gave the control booth over to deaf people who can’t tell the difference.

[ 47 ] November 6, 2012 |

Bill O’Reilly is on FOX arguing that the “white establishment” would’ve “roundly defeated Obama” and elected Romney 20 years ago, but that’s because back then we lived in a “traditional America.” He’s also arguing that women, blacks and Hispanics “want stuff, they want stuff, and who’s going to give them stuff? Not a traditional American.”

This has all the makings of a top-notch meltdown. Not to be missed. Two thumbs WAY up! You won’t find a finer racist rant this holiday season. It’s sexism for the whole family!

Now playing on FOX.

[SL] Elle has the quote.  O’Reilly has a long history of this kind of thing:

O’REILLY: All right. Because black birth rate is fairly stable, right?

MCMANUS: Proportionately, black birth rate and increases in their population will level out and be less significant in growth in that time period. I think Bill will be able to address the numbers better than I can, but…

O’REILLY: OK. And how about Asian? What’s the situation with that?

MCMANUS: Asian — we’re going to see a 213 percent increase, according to the Census Bureau projection, and so that will be a very rapid increase of the percentage of their population in the U.S. as well.

O’REILLY: All right. Now, Doctor, the Census Bureau really doesn’t tell us how this is going to affect the country. Do you have any theories on it?

WILLIAM FREY, PH.D., BROOKINGS INSTITUTION: Well, I really think what’s happening is going to be this phasing out or fading out of the white baby boom population. It is a 50-year time period we’re talking about…

O’REILLY: Yes. We’ll all be dead. Thank God, right?

[SEK again] I generally distrust my transcription skills, being deaf and all, but Other Scott’s link indicates that not only did I basically get it right, but it’s actually worse than I made it out to be. And I was trying to hand him some rope to hang himself with.

[And again] Sarah Palin’s trying valiantly to hold back her tears. I’m not saying that means anything, I’m just saying I enjoy watching her try not to weep: “But four more years, of him doing this to our Constitution, this socialism, to what our Founders with their smarts made, it’s just, just, all this socialism …”

[And once more for good measure] Taste their tears. Their precious, precious tears

1. H-Bob says:

Wasn’t 20 years ago when Bill Clinton, the first African American President, defeated GWHB and the white establishment ?

2. Increase Mather says:

You won’t find a finer racist rant this holiday season.

The season is young yet.

3. STH says:

I thought the rules said you weren’t supposed to admit that white males are the default, the only ones who matter. Was Al Franken there winding him up?

• DrDick says:

Faux Spews will be going full on “N***er! N***er! N***er!” by the time this is over. My schaden she is very richly freuden.

4. wengler says:

Damn low white birthrate. Who will secure a future for the white race?

5. SEK says:

For once, watching FOX and skimming conservative sites brings me a sense of peace and relief. I feed on their pain, delight in their panic …

6. FLRealist says:

Call me naive, but I had hoped when Obama was elected in 2008 that it showed the country was rising above its racism. Obviously not. How sad.

• It is. People have been called on it, and he got re-elected.

• Lurker says:

In fact, the phenomenon you see above is not necessarily racism. It is ethnic self-identification. The guys here are trying to come to grips with the fact that “being American” no longer means “being white”.

As such, the concern for the fate of one’s ethnic group is legitimate. For example, if a Jew makes a question: “Will widespread marriages with Gentiles destroy the American Jewry?” that is not racist.

However, such concern for the fate of one’s ethnic group also means that you must give up the claim that your group represents the entire nation.

• JL says:

As the child of a Jewish/Gentile marriage, I might have to quibble about that one.

7. Major Kong says:

Keep in mind that O’Reilly’s core demographic is ages 65 – dead.

8. jeer9 says:

Democracy Now has on a panel with Hedges (love the guy but he makes Debbie Downer look upbeat), Scahill, and St. Ralph to pick through the “ruins” of this evening. Charlie Pierce was on the phone to discuss Warren’s victory (hopefully not an early misread) but he got pre-empted by Bernie Sanders before he could fully run Mr. Playgirl through the woodchipper.

I suppose there’s some pleasure to be found in watching Fox tonight, though I prefer such poison filtered through Stewart.

9. herr doktor bimler says:

deaf people who can’t tell the difference.

I knew it — SEK is ableist.

10. mtraven says:

Pass the motherfucking ice tea, very refreshing in a meltdown.

11. LoriK says:

women, blacks and Hispanics “want stuff

Old white guys of course do not want stuff and vote out of pure altruism and love of country, not for tax breaks or anything.

My eyes can’t roll hard enough.

12. leigh says November 6, 2012 at 8:49 pm
    Good. That’s what I’d do. Rent out your house or put it on a contract with a buyer if you don’t get a buyer right away and get out of dodge.
    You can barter for the goats or for a hired man until you get the kids trained to care for them. Same with chickens.

Two term black Preznit = I need goats.

13. J. Otto Pohl says:

I find it funny that SEK and all the other academics on this blog are part of a White establishment that is among the most exclusionary set of institutions in the world. I have concluded that the Black Power advocates were right in the early 1970s when they noted that it was White left-liberal academics that did the most to promote institutional racism. See for instance _The Death of White Sociology_ (1973).

• Malaclypse says:

Cool story, bro.

• The Dark Avenger says:

Thanks for citing a work about as relevant today as the Book of Coming Forth by Day, J Otto.

• J. Otto Pohl says:

Right, because African Americans are now fully and equally represented in all University faculties and administrations in the US. Do you really believe that nonsense? The basic premise that racial inequality continues to exist in the US and that academic institutions are a core part of that inequality have not fundamentally changed since 1973. I noticed that Bonilla-Silva makes a similar argument in his Racism without Racists when he notes that liberals love to blame racism on poor whites (red necks), but they are not the real cause of racial inequality in the US. They have far less power than White liberal academics who do continue to perpetrate racial inequality in institutions of higher education.

• ajay says:

You are Dave Spart and I claim my year’s free subscription.

14. chris says:

Well, I won’t thank God when Bill O’Reilly is dead. But that’s mostly because I’m an atheist.

15. Wido Incognitus says:

The Republicans have lost the popular vote in 5 0f the past 6 presidential elections. Their only hope is to become overtly a white person’s party. Get rid of this Ayn Rand gibberish and instead do nothing but whine about affirmative action. Now they seem to have the worst of both worlds, in that they are alienating people who are not white with their barely concealed racial paranoia and also alienating large numbers of white people(especially low-income white people), who are not entirely down with the cult of diversity but who think government exists to promote the welfare of all people instead of to enforce a hierarchy.

16. Danny Adams says:

One awesome thing about Obama winning the presidency in 2008 was that Republicans suddenly, after an eight year fog, remembered that we have a Constitution.

17. [...] It’s like they replaced his dog-whistle with a bull-horn and gave the control booth over to de… (lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com) [...]