Men were better, or more timid. Secular and religious education had effaced the throat-grappling instinct, or else firm finance held in check the passions.
- Questions and answers about the civil war in Ethiopia.
- The crew of USS Thresher may have survived the sinking of the submarine, which is completely fucking horrible to think about. Edit: The addendum to the article suggests that it’s unlikely anyone survived.
- Japan stepping up its rhetoric in favor of defending Taiwan.
- Airpower in the war against ISIS.
- Bougainville gonna be independent?
- New Russian mystery fighter!