We’d like to, but we can’t accept your surrender!
- An F-35 has crashed at Eglin, second crash of a stealth fighter there in the last week. We should pause to take note that both the F-35 and F-22 have very good safety records relative to other fighters at the same stage of development; nevertheless, seems like something must be going on.
- Glenn Greenwald is a repugnant human being.
- France expects the replacement for Charles de Gaulle to begin sea trials in 2036.
- Interesting essay by Tanner Greer on the long-range goals of the Chinese Communist Party. I don’t agree with everything, but it’s worth a read.
- Botch on the Rhine; Beevor on Arnhem. Very harsh on the British Army; it is interesting to me that we seem to be moving towards a reversal of the common wisdom about that organization’s performance in both world wars.
- Still room for cooperation in vaccine development…