In human affairs there is no snug harbor, no rest short of the grave. We are forever setting forth afresh across new and stormy seas, or into outer space.
- Erdogan trying to convince Lindsey Graham to hate the Kurds by showing him a video on the iPad is really something that needs to be in the movie they make about this administration.
- Trump is trying to shake down the South Koreans again. I understand why he hates the Ukrainians, but why the South Koreans? Because he’s such a fan of Kim?
- Only tangentially national security, but an interesting deep dive into Tulsi’s bro-ish base. My concern remains that she is primarily campaigning to become the New and Improved Jill Stein. [Requisite note that I have done some unpaid work for the Bernie Sanders campaign].
- I’m sympathetic to the argument that it’s about time to stop naming aircraft carriers after Presidents.
- Arsenal plane! It can do anything! Including manage hypersonics!
- Interesting stuff on the Navy’s new frigate competition. Huntington Ingalls is not playing fair, but then who likes to play fair?