For your reading pleasure…
- Marijuana and hemp legalization would undoubtedly be good for Kentucky, but the politics are going to be insane.
- If you don’t like hipsters, just don’t write about them; they feed on this kind of thing.
- I am utterly uninterested in most aspects of this horsemeat “scandal.” But mention Viktor Bout, and you’ve got my attention.
- PTJ expresses his concern about the mis-use of Star Wars analogies. Here is the poorly Storified version of the twitter debate. Arguing with PTJ is like saturating a sophisticated missile defense with Scuds; he can intercept most of them, but spends 1400 words for every 140 characters you throw.
- Death to Job Talks? This led to a much longer series of discussions, but Nexon is the starting point.
- Watched Blood and Chrome last night; it was solid enough, if way too busy. I suspect this was a direct response to the problems with how slowly Caprica developed. Might have proven an interesting series, although I hated how it was shot.
- On the replacement of battleships with aircraft carriers in WWII in the Pacific.