“It’s so awful I’m surprised he wasn’t tapped to be a 2012 Republican Senate candidate.”

[ 16 ] December 14, 2012 |

But there’s always 2016!

I’m pretty sure “I’m not a gynecologist, but I can tell you something” is already the header for the women’s issues section of the Republican platform.

1. Ugh. Guh. Gah. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. (That’s me upset, not pretending to be a pirate.)

2. I think I should be more surprised by this, but then again the law basically lets rapists admit to the crime in court but make a play for jury nullification through victim blaming, so I don’t know that I can be.

• Murc says:

To be fair, ANYONE can do this, can’t they?

Going for jury nullification is an established part of our legal tradition, not just a loophole for scumbags.

Cuts both ways, too. There are parts of the country where it’s basically impossible to convict someone on drug charges because the local jury pool has decided ‘no, that’s bullshit.’

• I don’t really think so, no. I mean, I can’t think of any other crime where you get something like “well yeah, she told me to stop, but I was halfway finished and that’s just not fair, amiriteguys?”

And I don’t know that the drug analogy works either, in so much as no one seems to think that “legitimate rape” should be legal or has community wide issues with police enforcement, etc.

3. c u n d gulag says:

Well, I may not be a proctologist, but I sure know an asshole when I see one!

4. Peter Hovde says:

So, he thought “Teeth” was a documentary?

5. Alan Tomlinson says:

I’m not a trauma surgeon, but I know that if we drove a bulldozer up his ass, he would die. And the world would be a better place. Let’s try it.

Cheers,

Alan Tomlinson

6. Kristin says:

It’s not in the Jezebel article, but another article on this jerk stated that he is a former prosecutor who dealt with rape cases. I wonder how many cases he decided not to prosecute because of his ass-backwards ideas about how it’s not really rape if the victim doesn’t fight back “enough.”

7. DrDick says:

This is an abomination. This judge should have been removed from office and disbarred immediately.

8. Anonymous says:

aside from the fact that he was only “admonished”, whatever the fuck that means, why did it take this commission THREE FUCKING YEARS to reach this momentus decision? are there that many complaints, against the CA judiciary, that they have this huge backlog?

yeah, i know, they’re all golfing buddies, and they stretched this out as long as they could, in hopes it would be forgotten, when they finally actually did nothing.