Great moments in misanthropy

[ 6 ] November 30, 2010 |

David Simon deflates the hopes of an entire generation. Good for him. All we need now is another Vietnam to thin out their ranks a little.

(Via Lindsay Beyerstein)

1. John F says:

I was in Law School nearly 20 years ago, and in one 1st year class (law and Society or some such nonsense) and the prof brought in 5 actual working female attorneys (this was just about the 1st year that female law students equaled males in number) to discuss their careers, the legal profession, etc.

at the end, he asked each of them, if they could do it all over again, would they still have become lawyers

everyone said “no”

2. Martin says:

What makes it great is that you can totally imagine Simon saying the uncorrected comment.

3. TT says:

Never could see what all the fuss was about when it came to The Wire. But Homicide–now that was a frigging TV show.

4. Eli Rabett says:

If you want holiday joy, there is always Frank Fenner, one of the principal folk who wiped out smallpox

“Homo sapiens will become extinct, perhaps within 100 years,” he told the newspaper The Australian in June. “A lot of other animals will, too. It’s an irreversible situation. I think it’s too late.”

and then there is Sunny Ottmar Edenhofer

5. Erik Loomis says:

I’d like to say I am more optimistic than Simon or Fenner. But I’d be lying.

6. soullite says:

I don’t really think my generation needs anyone to tell us that there is no real future for this country but that of a dystopian shithole. Obama pretty much proved that, and what he didn’t manage the reaction to him by his disgusting sycophants – who cheered on every sick little thing he did from murdering Americans to HAMP to letting the TSA grope our griflriends – managed for him.