The Admiralty had demanded six ships; the economists offered four; and we finally compromised on eight.
- The CAATSA sanctions may be an obstacle to deepening US-India security ties.
- Finding time to find an aircraft carrier for Wyoming.
- How Britain paid for World War I. My latest work has been digging around the edges of this in readings of Tooze, Lambert, and Piketty, and it’s all awfully interesting stuff.
- A couple years back the Islamic State stopped talking about Uyghurs or about China. Odd, that.
- Leadership in the face of impostor syndrome in the US Navy, although the insights are surely applicable to other fields.
- Lotta interesting stuff here about the relationship between DoD and Big Tech.