Wednesday NatSec RoundupComments
I swear if you existed I’d divorce you.
- All you ever wanted to know about the Royal Danish Air Force but were afraid to ask.
- The latest on China’s aircraft carrier program. Two ski-jump carriers are now in service with an 85000 CATOBAR carrier (rough analogue to the US Kitty Hawk class) under construction. Early warning aircraft are now undergoing testing, and rumors continue to indicate the potential for adapting the FC-31 stealth fighter for carrier ops.
- Speaking of carrier-borne stealth fighters, we now have one fewer of them. Air traffic control recording is gnarly.
- Could be just a bargaining strategy, but looking bad for New START.
- The irredentist future of Turkish foreign policy.
- France and Turkey looking for reasons to fight. Last month it was Greece and the Eastern Med, this month it’s Nagorno-Karabakh.
Also, watch $100 million go away…