Is the proposed operation likely to succeed? What might the consequences of failure? Is it in the realm of practicability in terms of material and supplies?
- Trump is going to kill New START. This will be a disaster of the highest order for the future of multilateral arms control. The “must include China” canard is a red herring intended to destroy the treaty.
- This is a heck of an interesting mystery; rare electric vehicle discovered in Atlanta
- What’s really so fascinating about the Trump administration is the utter lack of any broader strategy. However poorly thought out the strategic ends, most administrations do make some effort to connect political, military, and economic actions. Not so this one, which seems to act more or less at random.
- Paul noted the new Afghanistan report yesterday. I think that the useful comparison is less Vietnam (although there are obviously parallels) than Iraq; my sense is that the uniformed military has consistently been more willing to engage in a serious intellectual fashion with the failures of Iraq than of Afghanistan. More on this later.
- Multi-Domain operations in the Guadalcanal campaign, before anyone had really thought up the term “multi-domain operations.”
- All that you need to know about America’s new sword blade deploying missile…