I am honored to have been tapped twice (corrected: three times) recently for a Thinking Blogger Award. Once individually (and an embarrassingly long time ago) by Goldenferi for my work at A Bird and a Bottle, and then again today as a part of this site, which is one of Jill’s picks.
So here are the rules:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think;
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme;
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote (There is an alternative silver version if gold doesn’t fit your blog).
So without further ado, here are five blogs that make me think (in no particular order). Perhaps the other LGM-ers will chime in with their picks, since we’ve been tagged as a crew.
* TalkLeft – not a surprise small player. The TL crew always has thoughtful criticism about politics and criminal justice. One of the first blogs I read consistently.
* Radical Doula. She’s politically radical. And a bad-ass doula who fights for reproductive justice in all senses of the word.
* ACS Blog is the home of the American Constitution Society, the left’s answer to those pesky Federalists. They keep me on my toes and keep my ire up.
* Angry Brown Butch. Jack hasn’t been blogging as much recently, but a full return is in store. New York and national politics and gender politics with a large dose of wit.
* The D’Alliance. The organizational blog of the anti-drug-war Drug Policy Alliance. Bookmark this page if you’re interested in the racial and socio-economic politics of this country’s drug policies.
And an honorable mention goes to:
* Chocolate & Zucchini, a very well-established (coming to bookstores near you!) food blog that offers beautiful photos and delicious recipes.
So there you have it. Go wild, thinkers.