Bristol Palin to charge tens of thousands for speeches on how to avoid teen pregnancy

[ 14 ] May 18, 2010 |

There are days when I sort of hope the Mayans got their calculations right.

Speaking of shameless self-promotion, I’m now on Twitter at PaulFCampos

FacebookTwitterGoogle+Share

1. Anderson says:

Bristol Palin is yet further evidence, if any were needed, that Elena Kagan is a terrible SCOTUS nominee.

• fluffytuna says:

Clearly I’m missing something. I pretty agree on Kagan, but WTF does B.P. have to do with that? And did you notice her initials are BP? Do you think she was responsible for all cluster-fucking that led to the oil volcano?

• fluffytuna says:

Clearly I’m missing something. I pretty much agree on Kagan, but WTF does B.P. have to do with that? And did you notice her initials are BP? Do you think she was responsible for all the cluster-fucking that led to the oil volcano?

• Spokane Moderate says:

It’s a, I say, it’s a joke, son.

• Warren Terra says:

You may not have noticed an epic thread over the weekend in which Campos took one blog post in which a former law student complained of Kagan’s teaching style, and used that one blog post (rather than anything substantial or relevant, which would be entirely appropriate) to denounce Kagan’s candidacy for the Court. It’s the thread with 150 or so comments, mostly pointing out what a jackass Campos was being when he wrote the post.

In that light, responding to any Campos post by pointing out that what he’s written demonstrates the awfulness of Kagan’s candidacy seems entirely cromulent.

2. rea says:

The world ended already, on the first Tuesday in November, 1980. Welcome to Hell.

3. Gus says:

This is great news for John McCain.

4. Joel says:

Things you will hear Bristol Palin say in her speech:

“Abstinance.” “God.” “Choose life!” “Levi is such a jerk.”

Things you will not hear Bristol Palin say in her speech, but would undoubtedly be much much better advice, especially since the kids aren’t hearing this very practical, useful, and effective advice in health class:

For guys: Use a condom.

For girls: Insist your guy uses a condom. And take the pill just to be on the safe side.

For all: Seriously, use a condom, even if the type of sex you’re engaging in doesn’t normally lead to pregnancy. HIV is nothing to take lightly.

5. Stag Party Palin says:

Nobody is completely useless – you can always be a bad example. – my Mother But only in Repubizarro World will you get paid for it.

OTOH, if today you have a ticket to Bristol Palin speech and I have an account at Goldman Sachs, tomorrow you and I will both have nothing. Weer doing it rong.

6. JD Rhoades says:

“Don’t have sex. Thank you.”

*walks off podium*

“Where’s my 10 grand, bitches?”

Clearly I am in the wrong line of work.

7. Michael says:

From the second link:

Her fee is denoted by four question marks, meaning “Call to discuss!” The same designation is given to New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees.

That totally makes sense when you think about it, because Drew Brees won the Super Bowl and Bristol Palin … um … no, I got nothing.

8. Warren Terra says:

Given that she’s apparently taking thirty grand a speech based largely on her experience of having had unprotected sex as a teenager, and not on some accomplishment, for example if she’d written something thoughtful on the subject of teenage pregnancy … what does that make her?