It should be needless to add that policy needs to be somewhat flexible and adaptive since war has a way of frustrating political intentions. It is a blunt instrument, and there are many reasons why cunning plans often go awry, not the least among which is the fact of an enemy with an independent will.
- Some background on the status of forces disagreement between the US and the Philippines. It’s a long story, but involves a dispute between Duterte, the police, and the armed forces.
- Yes, we should extend New START. This administration won’t do it, though. A bit more here.
- At the Monkey Cage, some new research into the recent Bolivian election that suggests that there is very little evidence of any fraud. Good, practical political science.
- Hush Kit has an interview with an Iranian F-14 pilot!
- An overview of the impact of Trump’s visit to India…
- The Air Force is looking into acquiring drones that can survive in contested environments.