A link to a New York Magazine entered my twitter timeline today and articles about real estate for the 1 percent (especially in New York) are like catnip to me for reasons I’m not entirely clear on, so I read it. It’s an amusing enough article about the cloistered nature of luxury condo living but for some reason I can’t stop thinking about 56 Leonard.
I’m frankly not sure what to think about the exterior. I don’t love it but I don’t hate it either. But earlier I was dying to get a gander at the building’s interior so I did some googling. And I have questions:
- What am I looking at here? Is this a communal space or the largest apartment in existence?
- Are those sheep sculptures?
- Why are there sheep sculptures?
- Why so many goddamn sheep?
- Is there a monkey in the corner?
- Is that…Jack Skellington in the background? Slenderman? Do I need to alert the police? WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS ENORMOUS ROOM?
- Did everyone sign a pact promising upon pain of death to never use color in their decor?
- Did you know there is more than one magazine in existence called “Billionaire?”
- There are magazines for billionaires. This isn’t a question, I’m just still mulling it over.
- What is wrong with me? Why am I fixating on this?