Lazy blogging Friday…
- This Michael Gordon piece on the “Shia Awakening” is as good as advertised, although Spackerman offers some caveats.
- David Axe reports that the Iraqi military is increasingly arming itself with high tech American equipment.
- Axe also ruminates about the Australian contribution (or lack thereof) to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- This sounds like it might provide the foundation for an interesting course…
- Eric at Edge thinks about the bomb.
- James Acton wonders whether the United Kingdom needs a continuous sea-based nuclear deterrent. Short answer: no.
- Loomis gives some space to the issue of globalization and transport costs; I thought about the same thing at the Prospect.
- Randy highlights a civil-military dispute over indigenous lands in Brazil. Trend also contributes.