I’ll refrain from saying anything lest some of you bastards are unlucky enough not to live on the East Coast. Hey — wait a minute!
Author Page for SEK
The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and nobles will look up and shout “Save us!”
And I’ll look down, and whisper…
See if you can’t do better.
nightmare is over!
UPDATE: It has been brought to my attention that this may well be the best thing you read on the Interwebs all year.
…which is exactly what the GOP has been doing for years. It almost makes you think they might believe in science.
I’m not sure what I find more amusing:
- Aaron’s actual statement, in which he likens the GOP to the KKK in “neckties and a starched shirt” instead of a “hood,” or
- John Nolte’s stuttered tweets about Aaron’s statement, all of which whine the same thing in the same words.
The comments at the Breitbart article — linked to in Nolte’s tweets, as I’d rather not directly provide him with any traffic — are priceless. There’s something about old white men saying that the black man who called them racist “needs to learn his place” just warms the cockles of my soul.
Feel free to tell me if I didn’t, and more importantly, why I didn’t. I’m in a bit of a forest-for-the-trees position when it comes to writing about academia. I know the landscape really well, but I’m not entirely sure you’d want me to draw you a map.
*By “scored” I mean I asked him and he said, “Of course!”
SEK went to the grocery store this afternoon sporting a new hipster mustache to see how people reacted to it…
ONE GUY: Props, my brother, you’re brave. Mad love, man. Mad love.
But that’s to be expected, after all, SEK lives in Louisiana. However…
ANOTHER GUY: Dude, I think you missed a spot.
SEK: Did I?
ANOTHER GUY: An important one.
SEK: Shit, I always forget to shave there.
Lest you have any hope for humanity…
RANDOM TEENAGE GIRL: My friend over there thinks that’s hot.
SEK: Thinks what’s hot?
RANDOM TEENAGE GIRL: You know…
Fine. Have a little hope…
OLD GUY: Son, do you know what that means?
SEK: It’s a hipster —
OLD GUY: You can’t bring that back, son.
SEK: What’s old is new, and —
OLD GUY: Some old is dead.
As SEK was leaving the supermarket, two large men covered in tattoos followed him out. SEK started goose-stepping to his car for fear his social experiment had gotten out of hand. Alas, it had not…
LARGE TATTOOED MAN: Can I just shake your hand, bro?
SEK: I don’t see why not.
LARGE TATTOOED MAN: If more of us were like you, bro, this country wouldn’t even be in this shit.
SEK: I imagine not.
LARGE TATTOOED MAN: Keep fucking the faith, bro.
In case you haven’t figured it out…
Watch the podcast below, whenever YouTube starts behaving, which should be an hour after I post this, if last night is any indication:
Listen to it here.
As per the post below, you can read my re-cap of it, if you’d like.
A link to his book will be available in this post
tomorrow morning, once Amazon gets its shit together. right now, actually.
(Also, we’ll resume Season One podcasts as soon as YouTube begins cooperating. We apologize for the delay.)
A re-cap of the episode
of Game of Thrones you just watched that was written by Yours Truly is available here.
The podcast about the episode by Steven and I will be available whenever YouTube stops jerking us around, which is, I hope, very soon.
Here is SEK and Steven Attewell discussing “The Pointy End”:
Audio available here.
Works discussed by Attewell include (warning: these links contain spoilers for all books):
- Arya IV (why Syrio Forel is dead and would be offended if you said he wasn’t)
- Sansa IV (why people dislike Sansa, the interview with the Queen, Cersei’s gambit, and more)
- Sansa V (Joffrey the instant tyrant, Sansa’s plan to save her father wasn’t bad)
- Tyrion VII (meeting Tywin, the Lannister Campaign of the War of Five Kings, the mountain clans as a comment on democracy and modernity, why Bolton marched)
- Catelyn VIII (why you don’t need Robb to be dumb to make Catelyn smart, and vice versa, the Lannisters’ opening move and Robb’s choice)
- Jon VII (ZombieTalk and some other stuff, but mostly ZombieTalk)
- Daenerys VII (the cost of rightful heirs, Dothraki racism, and more)
So said Boomer Esiason in both the opening segment and a pre-taped apology on his radio show today — though not, of course, in those words.
I’m mock-offended, of course, because I’m an overly sensitive Mets fan,
but in all honesty, Esiason’s apology is one of the most thorough, and seemingly heartfelt, I’ve run across.