Here are some stats from 2017. Note that the shift in template and shift in comment systems throws off the numbers a bit, to the benefit of posts written later in the year.
Top Ten Posts of 2017 by pageviews:
1. We’re so Cilizza’d, Scott Lemieux
2. Sebastian Gorka’s Dissertation: Part I, Dan Nexon
3. How Identity Politics, Which Were Invented in 1980, Destroyed the Democratic Party, Scott Lemieux
4. The Ballad of the Green Beret, Paul Campos
5. The Phony Left, Paul Campos
6. How Obama Will Be Evaluated by History, Scott Lemieux
7. On West on Coates, Simon Balto
8. The Gorka Dissertation: Part II, Dan Nexon
9. Acknowledging Mistakes: I Don’t Want to Be Lisa Bloom, Christa Blackmon
10. Man Who Knows Nothing About American Political History Is Here to Lecture You About American Politics, Scott Lemieux
That’s right; Loomis is shut out of the Top Ten for the second year in a row. Good work, folks.
Other random insights from Google Analytics:
Y’all got older for some reason.
United States (87.99%)
United Kingdom (2.22%)
We would also like to thank our reader in each of the following countries/territories:
New York (10.22%)
The bottom five:
FWIW, in raw traffic Canada comes in just behind Washington State; Wyoming fits in snugly between Russia (36) and Greece (37).
Top Traffic Days:
Top Comment Days:
Top Five Posts by Comments:
|The Morality of Politicians||11/16/17||1,245|
|Franken Should, and Will, Resign||12/06/17||920|
|Movie Fight Club||09/11/17||889|
|The Burger King||12/08/17||847|
Top Five Posts by Commenters:
|HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT||12/13/17||204|
|The Morality of Politicians||11/16/17||195|
|Brave New World||06/28/17||189|
|The Burger King||12/08/17||184|