A redesign of a site like LGM is necessarily a work in progress. Here’s where we are:
Things we are still working on:
- The ads. We should end up with the same number of ad units as the old template (5), but we’re still working on placement, so please be patient.
- Comment counts.
- Mobile site; although the core of the mobile site is functioning, many of the widgets aren’t working properly.
- Sidebar organization. Things may jump back and forth a few more times before we’re fully satisfied.
- Drop down menus; these will be a work in progress as we slowly get everything filled in.
- Import of the remaining comments from the old system.
Things we’re more or less satisfied with:
- The 1-2-1-2 post model. I know that it takes time to get used to, but I think in the end it’s easier to use than a single column.
- Speed; the site is loading much faster, with far fewer hangups.
- Recent comments.
- Recent posts
As always, comments and tips are welcome.