Maybe a Prize for Anyone–ANYONE–Who Can Figure Out What This MRA Commemorative Coin Design Means

[ 201 ] July 17, 2014 |

I’ll let Dave Futrelle take it from here…

FacebookTwitterGoogle+Share

1. Royko says:

Sperm bouncing off a diaphragm?

• steve says:

I think it might be a condom with a hole in it. A single drop of sperm has launched through the hole…the moment men have lose their rights. And there is a baby hand because abortion…or something.

• Captain C says:

Sperm shooting through a deliberately pierced condom. The hand symbolizes her* stealing the sperm, and by extension, a baby, custody, and child support.

Because that happens all the time.

*Being a fungible “her,” of course, because all women are exactly alike in their devious, anti-MRA ways.

• RogerAiles says:

Seconded.

It depicts the hole that women poke into a condom in order to trap men into 18 years of wage slavery, and the men can’t force the women to have an abortion …. IT’S NOT FAIR, DOCTOR HELEN!! IT’S NOT FAIR!!!

• Anonymous says:

Splooge is involved whatever that design is suppose to represent.

2. steve says:

Kinda looks like the face of a three-toed sloth reflected in a reverse-gravity pool of water.

3. Gozer says:

Looks like a puckered anus.

4. Randy says:

A carrot hovering over a poorly-made pizza. I’m not sure what the floating lobster is supposed to be doing.

5. sibusisodan says:

It’s obvious. Individual men, like myself, are nowt but little drops of water, in danger of being subsumed in the vast puddle of femininity that is modern society. There’s literally no way a man such as myself can find support, kinship, value, people who share his views, even other non-feminised men, just by chance.

I mean, look around you. Where are the manly men? Exactly.

And that’s why individual men need a hand – see? – to lift them out of the puddle so they can sparkle and glister in the light, and maybe, just maybe, when the meteorological conditions are right, become the special snowflake they know themselves to truly be.

• efgoldman says:

And that’s why individual men need a hand – see?

I’m guessing these particular individual men need a hand for something else.

• Nick Offerman says:

I am in my shop working on a canoe while eating bacon I produced
      from a boar I killed with a spear.

• Rhino says:

The terrifying thing is that I have done all those things.

Not at once, but I have done them, and I’m really not all that manly.

Except it was an arrow, not a spear. And if you think that’s the soft option, I can tell you I would rather have a spear between me and a 500lb wild pig than another arrow in my quiver.

• Robert Baratheon says:

Y’know, if there’s one thing I regret…

6. Ann Outhouse says:

It means MRAs are not just misogynistic morons, they’re misogynistic morons with no taste.

7. Rob in CT says:

A tear falling into an pool of water…

Like the pebbles that start an avalanche or something like that?

8. joe from Lowell says:

They’re throwing one little stone of masculine rationality into the ocean that is a male-persecuting society, but that one little stone will send out ripples, you betcha.

9. John Revolta says:

I guess it’s supposed to be “a drop in the bucket”, but I can’t really get any further than that…….

one small voice against the vast libral media conspiracy? Or sumthin?

10. wjts says:

If it’s a vulva, it’s clearly the vulva of Loris tardigradus. The lunate vaginal aperture, stout and slightly tapered clitoris and apically situated urethral meatus demonstrate this conclusively.

Actually, the “droplet suspended above a pool” reminds me of some science fiction movie, but I can’t for the life of me remember what it was.

11. David DiSabatino says:

Yeah, what joe said. I’m not sure what it’s supposed to symbolize, but it represents a hand that has thrown a stone into water, and a drop of water has flown up from the spot where the stone went in. It’s just not very well executed.

12. malindrome says:

what is this i don’t even

13. d s mv w l d says:

I see a face reflected in the puddle. I’m pretty sure it’s the face of my cat.

What was my cat doing posing for AVFM artwork?

But anyway, more fundamentally the question is, why in Bog’s name would they need a “commemorative coin”?

14. Warren Terra says:

What does “MHRA 2008-2014” mean? Wikipedia is no help. And why do they wish to indicate its demise?

• wjts says:

“Men’s Human Rights Advocate/Activist”, according to A Voice for Men. The date range suggests that their brains died around the age of six, which sounds about right.

• Warren Terra says:

Ah: from Joe’s link below:

commemorates the years from which AVFM was founded and up to the point of the First International Conference on Men’s Issues.

I still have no idea what “MHRA” means, but that explains the six year span.

Obviously, the American Revolution is usually dated 1775-1776, ending when the Patriots first convened to declare independence. And the struggle for African-American Civil Rights is usually dated from 1955 to 1957, from the origins of the Montgomery Bus Boycott to the first meeting of the SCLC.

• sharculese says:

the ‘h’ is for human, because calling themselves just plain ‘men’s right’s activists’ stopped by pompous enough.

• runsinbackground says:

“Men’s Human Rights Activist, from the founding of the movement [which I guess was 2008? Elam seems to have forgotten the when exactly he founded A Voice for Men] to the present day”
      That “human rights” bit is the latest dodge Elam and his cabal have cooked up to position a movement that has been around in one form or another since the advent of the women’s suffrage movement at the forefront of modern social progress.

15. Sly says:

It’s supposed to reference a quote by Kennedy about ripples of justice. In actuality it’s a woman’s hand trying to snatch a droplet of priceless man-essence before it falls into the welcoming and protective pool of the Manosphere.

16. Derelict says:

Here’s my guess:

It’s a cow pie that has just hit the ground, and the drop is part of its fluid rebound, thus the drop is flying upwards. The hand-like thing is reaching out to try and catch the drop before it falls back into the cow pie.

What it means: We catapult fresh bullshit and see how many morons grab for a drop or two–or even decide to eat the whole pie.

17. Warren Terra says:

I think it’s their version of the Sistine Chapel, and we’ve got it rotated 180 degrees. Adam’s hand is reaching out to receive a drop of the bounty of their deity, which is a pool of leaking something soaked through the ceiling above, with a whole pool suspended from the ceiling by surface tension and slowly dripping down. Looks like it must be a viscous liquid.

18. Karen says:

It makes less sense than an 80’s perfume advert, and those were all created by cocaine addicts trying to speak French.

19. actor212 says:

It’s a pie about to be violated by an extraterrestrial craft.

20. matt says:

it looks like a ufo with a raindrop falling upwards out of its puckered anus.

21. Scott P. says:

They’re stealing our precious bodily fluids.

22. It is an image of Narcissus uncrying a single teardrop from the pool into which he eternally gazes because the ripples make his face look fat.

23. Socrets says:

Kinda of looks like that scene from the Super Mario Brothers movie where Peach puts her meteor shard into the giant meteor in order to allow dinosaurs to take over the human world.

24. Matthew Stevens says:

I thought it was a sperm being spit out of the primordial ooze, about to be grabbed by some misandric feminist.

25. Member of the He-man woman's hater club says:

That’s not for you to know, woman! It is secret man code and only our mighty testosterone eyes can decode the secrets. Now go back to looking at floral pattern fabrics, or whatever it is your estrogen eyes CAN process, and let us do our manly business in peace.

#Manart

26. brad says:

A drop out of the proverbial bucket by his own hand?

I’m more puzzled by what is supposedly being commemorated by those dates.

27. keta says:

It’s a barely submerged beaver expectorating man seed and the pointing hand represents all the masturbating done by these tools because none of the beavers like them.

The beaver is pretty obvious when you consider it was made by a Canadian, eh.

28. Gwen says:

“SPLOOSH!”

29. Pseudonym says:

As I’ve said previously, it’s clearly a picture of vacuumslayer using her dainty little t-rex hand to spermjack some semen from a used condom.

30. hickes01 says:

It can’t be a vagina. Most MRA’s have never seen one.

31. Brownian says:

Whatever that coin is supposed to be, it sure as hell isn’t going to that fucking ex-harpy of mine for ‘child support’.

Oops. I meant to write “family courts are biased against men!”

• LosGatosCA says:

I can see how your keyboard – doubtlessly assembled by some feminazi – misrepresented your objective thoughts in a false spoiled child like emotional ranty way.

Which of course is so not the style of an MRA.

32. Lesbians for Hillary says:

Yes, women can have a political voice but those fukin’ MEN expecting to also have a voice. And probably WHITE men, too!

The nerve.

33. It reminds me of the commemorative Copenhagen cans one might get at, say, a rodeo or Friday night race. An oval race, though, not drag. One rarely saw commemorative snuff cans at drag races for whatever reason.

34. herr doktor bimler says:

Totally stoled from 1962 Analog cover art.

35. Anonymous says:

Pancakes. Short stack. Drop o’ butter.

36. Sesame Street Martian about to be destroyed by a broken cone chair flung by a displeased God.

37. KmCO says:

I take it that, design aside, we’re looking at Bitcoin 2.0?

38. libarbarian says:

ManBoobz was a better name

39. CD says:

They’re playing frisbee in the rain. It’s quite innocent.

40. ump902a says:

It’s a tear being cried into a beer.

41. LeftWingFox says:

A far more accurate coin describing AVFM and the Men’s movement they represent: (NSFW, nudity)

42. CaseyL says:

The coin states “A Voice For Men,” so I’m guessing that’s a cross-section of a throat showing the larynx and vocal cords. Ick.

43. herr doktor bimler says:

A bursting pimple.

44. atheist says:

It is a drop of water falling upward from a pool of water, within a mystical field of backwards-running time that has been conjured by the disembodied hand. The mystical field of backwards time is taking us toward a prelapsarian aeon before the invention of feminism.

45. tsam says:

Something something Oedipus.

46. The Fool says:

It’s obviously a seal looking up from under some water where he is being attacked by the Neil Tyson in his ship of the imagination. Meanwhile the hand of God is protecting the innocent seal from the godless atheist.

Duh.

47. MAJeff says:

I can sort of make out a bad cartoon otter or bear?

48. NorCal says:

What better symbol for persecuted manhood than a medallion of a melting hubcap?

49. Wat says:

I see a gummy bear staring at me through the ripples. I don’t even know.