The World’s Most Dangerous Perfesser!

[ 102 ] January 26, 2013 |

As you may have noticed, some underlings of the nation’s preeminent racist concentration camp apologist attempted to send her flying monkeys against me for daring to call a highly partisan judge who believes that the Constitution enacted Ms. Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged a “neoconfederate hack.” Alas, even the most permanently aggrieved winger must have trouble generating outrage over use of the word “hack,” and the typical Twitchy reader presumably considers “neoconfederate” a compliment (or an insult only because of the “neo.”) So the whole the whole attempt to get another head on a stick was a big fizzle.

This isn’t to say, however, that some comedy gold did not result! Meet a young Canadian reactionary, bidding fair to be the poor man’s Adam Yoshida, or perhaps the homeless man’s Ezra Levant, who tried to catch Ms. Malkin’s eye with some deep research:

@TwitchyTeam Look at @LemieuxLGM’s profile. “Perfesser” or professor? #SpellingMistake? #TheStateofAcademia pic.twitter.com/hG6pBQWT

An entertaining if somewhat broad parody of the typical Twitchy reader, thinks I. But further consultation of the gentleman’s twitter feed reveals the hilarious truth: he believes that me calling myself “perfesser” in my one line twitter profile indicates that I am unaware of the proper spelling of “professor.” (They’re coming for you next, Edroso!) And WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT THE STATE OF MODERN ACADEMIA, I ask you? Unless this guy’s mother also helped create the Lewinsky scandal I don’t think he can quite cut it at the National Review, but he probably has an internship waiting for him at Col. Mustard’s place.

In conclusion, I believe that “perfesser” lacks gravitas. I now demand to be referred to as “Herr Doktor* Lemieux.”

*Note to any Michelle Malkin fans: I do not think this is the proper English spelling of “doctor.” I regret the confusion. Also, I do not think William Jacobson is a character from Clue.

1. Spokane Moderate says:

Are you a perfesser of dangeral studies?

2. IM says:

Also, I do not think William Jacobson is a character from Clue.

Don’t bet on it.

3. Njorl says:

Pfft. “Her” has only one “r”, “doctor” is spelled with a “c” and if you think that Michelle Malkin will let you be her doctor, forget it. She doesn’t need any doctor. Have you seen her cheerleader video?

4. DocAmazing says:

Between The Donalde and the hordes at Twitchy, you, Dr. Loomis, and the whole LGM crew have a shot at wingnut immortality.

(I’m merely evil, though that does comfort me on cold nights.)

5. howard says:

It’s amazing how old dutch looked to me then; now that i’m within a decade or so of his age then, he looks much younger!

6. John Protevi says:

Most dangerous, eh? These doctorsDoktors would like a word with you!

Doctor #1

Doctor #2

7. J.W. Hamner says:

I know a lot of liberals, like Balloon Juice’s DougJ, enjoy trolling conservative blogs… but I don’t feel like we have the same unified command and control “Fly, my minions, FLY!” thing going on. I guess they feel like they are edumacating* the masses or whatever but it just seems like such a colossal waste of time to crash en masse into an opponents comments section. I suppose the virtual high fives they give each other after much be pretty special.

*Note: Purposely misspelled by the author

8. Derelict says:

Sometimes I really feel sorry for Malkin’s followers. They’re so easily mislead, so gullible, and yet so vociferous. It feels like taunting a developmentally disabled kid to get them riled up about something.

On the other hand, I’m definitely looking forward to finding out exactly what kind of countertops Scott has!

• cpinva says:

i have no sympathy at all, for people who are intentionally ignorant bigots. if i thought they were simply uninformed, that would be one thing, but they aren’t, they very intentionally ignore any information that doesn’t comport with their world view. malkin is just another rightwing grifter, happily siphoning cash from the rubes. or maybe she’s finally reached a place where she actually believes the bullshit she spouts, and happily takes their money. either way, it doesn’t matter, it’s bullshit, and her fanboys are intentional rubes. oh, and they’re never going to see her naked.

• DrDick says:

I do hold out the possibility that they are merely severely brain damaged as a result of their mothers dropping them on their heads as infants. From a tenth floor window. Repeatedly.

9. LassMichInRuhe says:

Actually, I think it is spelled “Perfessuh”.

10. Tnap01 says:

Holy shit, a quick Google shows that Adam Yoshida was probably still alive as of Sept. 1 2012. I thought the dude died from a erotic asphyxiation accident sometime around 2007!

11. rea says:

“Neoconfederate hack” is putting it mildly. Judge Sentelle is the one who gave us Kenneth Starr as the special prosecutor invetigating Clinton, having concluded that Robert B. Fiske, a Republican and experienced prosecutor who had already found no wrongdoing in several aspects of Whitewater, was insuficently objective.

12. CD says:

“Lemieux” is an obvious typo.

13. somethingblue says:

Well, all the boys call him Herr Doktor Professor Lemieux. But the girls all call him a little ol’ lovin’ man …

• Alan Tomlinson says:

That would be, Herr Professor Doktor; get it right.

Regards,

Alan Tomlinson
      (who had a cousin with that title)

• S_noe says:

I think it might be antiquated now (God, I hope so), but the wife of a PhD can be addressed as “Frau Doktor” (Mrs Doctor) in German. Theoretically, if she herself has a doctorate, you could call her “Doktor Frau Doktor So-und-so.” My mother claims to have been so addressed in correspondence from some German fuddy-duddies. I am skeptical, but those guys were really formal. – it could have happened.

• Alan Tomlinson says:

You are invited to abandon your skepticism–that shit’s real. The first part anyway. If the woman has her own Ph.D. or M.D., then she would still be called Frau Doktor _____. The real fun is when you have somebody who has two doctorates: such people are, I shit you not, called Frau/Herr Doktor Doktor _______.

Cheers,

Alan Tomlinson

• DocAmazing says:

“Doktor” or “Doktorin”?

• Alan Tomlinson says:

Doktor. I know, it was formerly declined by gender; no longer. At least in my experience. Besides, when you hear the word Frau, it is sort of assumed that the person being discussed is gender identifying as female.

Cheers,

Alan Tomlinson

• Eli Rabett says:

Mostly you would say Herr Doktor or Frau Doktor or Fred.

Where it got to be fun, was when holders of non-EU PhDs were hauled into court in ~2008 for using a title they were not entitled to.

Strictly speaking the German degree is not a PhD, so folks style themselves Herr Doktor Fred Fred rer. nat.

• mds says:

Indeed, who can forget Frau Doktor Doktor Gimmi Thenüs?

• Mike Schilling says:

Doktor Doktor, I been abused
          The culprit’s Perfessor Herr Lemieux

• H. Rumbold, Master Barber says:

Nationalgymnasiummuseumsanatoriumandsuspensoriumsord-inaryprivatdocentgeneralhistoryspecialprofessordoctor Kriegfried Ueberallgemein

• Hogan says:

Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, Liszt, Brahms, Panties…I’m sorry…Schumann, Schubert, Mendelssohn and Bach. Names that will live for ever. But there is one composer whose name is never included with the greats. Why is it that the world never remembered the name of Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern-Schplenden-Schlitter-Crasscrenbon-Fried-Digger-Dingle-Dangle-Dongle-Dungle-Burstein-von- Knacker-Thrasher-Apple-Banger-Horowitz-Ticolensic-Grander-Knotty-Spelltinkle-Grandlich-Grumblemeyer-Spelterwasser-Kurstlich-Himbleeisen-Bahnwagen-Gutenabend-Bitte-ein-Nürnburger-Bratwustle-Gerspurten-mitz-Weimache-Luber-Hundsfut-Gumberaber-Shönedanker-Kalbsfleisch-Mittler-Aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm?

14. UberMitch says:

You know who else used German honorifics?

15. Daniel says:

Maybe perfesser was an honest mistake, but what about your article “B-Yond tha Contra-majorit-aryan Difficultee: Lesons From Deemokratik Theeree?” And that got published!!!! #TheStateofAcademia

16. rea says:

Now this is amusing. From a 2010 Supreme Court oral argument–the Chief Justice wonders why the NLRB doesn’t have a quorum:

NEAL KATYAL, DEPUTY SOLICITOR GENERAL: They were named in July of last year. They were voted out of committee in October. One of them had a hold and had to be renominated. That renomination took place. There was a failed quorum — a failed cloture vote in February. And so all three nominations are pending. And I think that underscores the general contentious nature of the appointment process with respect to this set of issues.

CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS: And the recess appointment power doesn’t work why?

• olexicon says:

‘CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS: And the recess appointment power doesn’t work why?”

Shorter

“Fucking Magnets, how do they work?”

• rea says:

No, more like–”Go ahead and fill the positions by recess appointment, as the Constitution allows.”

• Cody says:

“John Roberts: I can stop Obama from appointing people? It’s clear to anyone who has done deep studying – which I now have – that this is unconstitutional!”

17. olexicon says:

I apologize for my prediction yesterday coming true

18. Melissa says:

Thanks for including Ezra Levant. He deserves it.

19. mark f says:

Meh, one of the Power Line guys bought his kid a job at NRO. Their standards have fallen.

20. Aaron Baker says:

Well, Lemieux, you are vulnerable on the spelling front.

21. commie atheist says:

Michelle Malkin? You mean the Kapo wannabe?

22. Anonymous says:

More inexplicable Mses.

23. NorthLeft12 says:

A young Canadian reactionary?

If that is true, I cannot believe the philosophically pure reactionaries at Ms. Malkin’s corner of the internet did not immediately call him/her out. As I love pointing out to my “Conservative” family, friends and co-workers; we are pretty much all socialists up here…..at least compared to the idealogues you have down south.

I can only conclude that this chap/lady is really an American who has just come off a vacation in some other part of the world that he did not want to be identified as a US citizen.

24. RhZ says:

Plus, his SHIRT is horribly WRINKLED!!

I rest my case.

25. mds says:

Scott Lemieux reads BOOKS, and his TIE is not a clip-on.

And we can only infer it from the provided photo, but I’m sure his gut is almost as disgusting as Michelle Malkin’s opinion on anything. FFS!

26. commie atheist says:

Needs to get some of those permanent press dress shirts. Or a dryer with a tumble function.