LGM Bowl Mania Championship

[ 7 ] January 8, 2013 |

At the end of this dreariest of Bowl seasons, a champion emerges from the muck:

1 Jimmy Chitwoodexecutedtoday
471 98.9
2 Peter Grimesthom0909 470 98.9
3 Lafayette’s FinestUKEvan 463 98.1
4 dalempert 1dalempert 454 96.6
5 Granny Starversjohnrauchman 451 96.0
6 jordan_BSU 1jordan_BSU 443 94.1
7 failed2menace 1failed2menace 441 93.5
8 slemieux99 1slemieux99 433 91.0
9 Missouri Buckeyeadmiraly 431 90.3
10 The North Will Rise Againwitlesschum 424 87.5

Unlike Alabama’s treatment of the “Fighting” Irish, it was a close run thing. Mr./Ms. “Chitwood” should contact me (e-mail on the far right sidebar) regarding prize information.

1. lige says:

Not a winner but I did a lot better this year since I figured out how confidence betting works.

2. KadeKo says:

At least you got your entry in on time.

Thanks to submitting mine at about halftime of the first bowl game, I ended up an entrant sans group.

Can’t run through all the group entries, but I wonder what the biggest commonest miss was. I’m guessing Florida/Louisville.

• Western Dave says:

I’d agree with that. My biggest gaffe was giving a confidence rating to Kent State and a low one to Alabama. Flip those and I’d be pleased with me performance.

My bet against the Big 10 strategy worked like a charm though.

• (Late to the Party again) says:

I’ll have to remember that strategy.

I also did much of the laziness thing, leaving picks in their ascending chronological order for confidence unless I had a reason to change them.

Makes me wonder what would happen if the default order of the games is randomized with every entry.

3. dl says:

Browsing some of the entries, a lot of people had FLA over LOU as their highest-confidence pick (somewhat understandably).

4. Not sure why, but for me this was the lowest interest bowl season I can recall. It may have been that Ohio State, my beloved alma mater, was not involved. But then those sanctions saved me from watching the Buckeyes get humiliated by Alabama.

5. Missouri Buckeye says:

I was leading until New Years Day, where Michigan’s last-second loss really hurt. Fla/Louisville was a debacle and then my post-NYD picks stunk. Still, 9th place and 90th percentile isn’t too shabby.