More of This Please

[ 21 ] December 11, 2012 |

I know there’s very little reason to have much hope for the mainstream media, but when villagers begin calling out Republicans to their faces on policy, it makes me a little more optimistic.

1. JKTHs says:

Soledad O’ Brien now joins Bob Costas in the right wing doghouse, a great place to be.

2. McKingford says:

I don’t consider O’Brien part of the villagers. She was pretty effective and consistent at calling out right wing bullshit throughout the election.

3. N. Eugene says:

Yeah I think at this point it’s fairly easy for Republicans to cast O’Brien as biased, since she consistently calls them out on their bullshit :(

4. c u n d gulag says:

Yes, that whopping $16 a month, total, for the two of us, that my Mother and I get in SNAP benefits is a real budget buster, Senator Secession, isn’t it?

What’s that $16 stopping us from getting, another washer on some F-### motherfeckin’ boondoggle Super Jet? A lugnut on an aircraft carrier?

Senator Secession, how about you doing something to improve the economy so that I can find a job, after over 2 1/2 years of looking for one?

I don’t want a $16 monthly hand-out. I want a feckin’ job – preferrably one that pays about that same amount an hour. You know, something approaching a somewhat liveable wage?

And I’m not complaining about only getting $16, I’m thankful – that’s milk and eggs for a good part of the month.

Too bad Senator Secession didn’t sign up to live on SNAP benefits for a month. Maybe hunger might sharpen his mind.

5. Reasonable 4ce says:

Soledad O’Brien commits an act of journalism. FIRE HER!!!

[\]

6. njorl says:

An objective journalist would have given equal time to the idea that it would be better for some people to starve.

7. Cheap Wino says:

Sadly it’s not even a particularly amazing example of journalism — it rises to just about the same level as a friendly John Stewart interview of, say, John McCain.

8. Bitter Scribe says:

“Hurry up with that proposal to cut food stamps! I’m late for my meeting about how to counter the image of Republicans as heartless bastards!”

9. cpinva says:

in his “defense”, sen. sessions truly represents those who elected him. they are convinced that anyone, other than them, getting any assistance from the guvmint, makes the baby jesus cry.

10. JoyfulA says:

I don’t have a TV, but I have read that Ashleigh Banfield is now on CNN. Years ago, she was excellent on MSNBC but was too honest and was exiled to CourtTV or something like that.