Grifters

[ 32 ] December 29, 2012 |

I was thinking of watching The Grifters again. Instead, I just watched the Rick Warren interview on Piers Morgan. Might as well see the real thing.

1. Tehanu says:

Yeah, but the “real” thing doesn’t have Annette Bening or J.T. Walsh, does it?

2. Julian says:

As in poker, so too in television/politics – if, after five minutes, you can’t spot the sucker, you are the sucker.

3. Izzy says:

More than a touch off-topic, but I hope I’ll be forgiven. Surely there are Football (Soccer) fans at LGM: it surely is entirely appropriate that Piers Morgan is an Arsenal Supporter, in much the same way one imagines Darth Vader supports ManU.

4. jon says:

More dissembling than the reverse crawl of a Transformers scene.

5. Joey Maloney says:

Wake me up when Warren gets beaten with a bagful of oranges.

6. J. Otto Pohl says:

I would definitely recommend reading Jim Thompson’s Now and On Earth which is largely autobiographical. Unlike his crime novels like the Grifters, the Killer Inside Me, or The Getaway, Now and On Earth focuses on workers in an aircraft plant in San Diego during WWII. Thompson had left Oklahoma where he was involved with the Federal Writers’ Project in a car provided by Woody Guthrie to go to California to take the job. Some how he managed to pass a security clearance despite being a member of the CPUSA. At any rate the novel is well worth reading.

7. Matt McKeon says:

Piers Morgan is the object of a campaign to deport him because of his pro gun control stance. As was said of H.R. Halderman in another context, “you’ve got people feeling sorry for him. I didn’t think that was possible.”

8. Cerys says:

Hurrah! After all I got a website from where I
    be capable of really take useful data concerning my study and knowledge.

9. The Dark Avenger says:

I’m all for deporting Speak Lies to MS or another southern state where his political grunts will be taken for rational speech.