- NRO’s roundup of hacks is pretty entertaining. Perhaps my favorite is the guy who can’t tell the difference between Angus King and Joe Lieberman.
- Speaking of the NRO, what can you even say about this? ” A vote for Romney tomorrow is a vote for a restoration of the old Jacksonian — Andrew, that is — Democratic party, a true populist party shorn of its Communist accretions that is every bit as all-American as the other guys.” Right. I’d say one Jacksonian party is enough, thanks…
- For some intellectual nourishment, Perlstein on McGovern and on how conservatives fleece the rubes.
- “Mandate” is a Latin term meaning “bullshit.” One thing you have to give George W. Bush (first term) credit for — you have a “mandate” to the extent that you have the votes in Congress, the end.
- Your guide to election law and Ohio. Toobin has more.
- If my prose is a little too long-winded, Jen Sorensen lays things out in convenient chart form.
- The PPACA, Sotomayor, and Latino alienation from the Republican Party. If only the Democratic Party would do something for its constituencies!
- There are smart things to say about the limits of quantification in political science. Michael Gerson’s thoughts are not those.
- It’s great that Miami decided to give a truckload of money to one of the biggest assholes in the known universe instead of investing in the equipment necessary to run an election.
- Pema Levy knows who Republicans will like to blame.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.