Parental Rant of the Day

[ 31 ] September 9, 2011 |

Chances that I would pay the faculty discount rate of $38 to watch the Kentucky Wildcats host the Central Michigan Chippewas at Commonwealth Stadium? Decent enough, until I read the following:

Q: Does my infant/toddler need a ticket for a football game?

A: Yes. All individuals, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter Commonwealth Stadium.

Compare this to the Cincinnati Reds child policy:

Great American Ball Park offers complimentary admission to children 3 years of age and under. However, we do request that these children sit on their parents’ or guardians’ laps and not occupy additional seats. Promotional giveaway items are only available for ticketed guests. Tickets for children four years and older are priced the same as adult tickets.

Prospects for the Central Michigan game to sellout? Not so much. Damn those high player salaries for driving up ticket prices!

FacebookTwitterGoogle+Share

1. Scott de B. says:

Go Chippewas!

• rea says:

CMU’s faculty was on strike a few days ago, until ordered back to work by an injunction. I’m not sure that rooting for the Chippewas at this point isn’t the functional equivalent of crossing a picket line . . .

2. Linnaeus says:

Fire up Chips!

3. rea says:

All individuals, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter Commonwealth Stadium. And, as life begins at conception, all female individuals will be required to submit to pregnancy tests . . .

4. Robert Farley says:

Sorry for the deletions. Troll problems.

5. efgoldman says:

Wait. UK has a football team?
    The Commonwealth must pay for it, because its clear all the booster money goes to hoops.

6. efgoldman says:

Apparently the reply button isn’t working correctly for any post on this thread. What fun.

7. efgoldman says:

@ Charli Carpenter

Kids are life-style choices like hobbies or pets…

Absolutely right! Which is why the TeaTards want gummint medical care to pay for V1agra but not for birth control pills!

8. Hogan says:

This was supposed to be a reply to Hogan, above:

Yeah, it made sense in context, and didn’t make me look like a total douche, instead of the partial douche that I am.

(I thought of it because I once talked to a disability rights activist on a bus to Harrisburg for one of those protest, and he asked me, “Have you seen the curb cutouts they’ve installed in Philadelphia?” and I said yes, and he said, “Have you noticed who’s using them?” and I thought about it and almost got to the answer when he told me: “Everyone.” People using grocery carts and wheely suitcases, people on bikes, people just walking–now that they’re there, *everyone* uses them, even the people who complained about having to pay for curb cuts for this small group of people.)

9. Gern Blanston says:

Where’d the comments from Sommers go?

10. witless chum says:

Fire up Chips!

11. Chuchundra says:

You seriously want to take your toddler to a football game? Do you also enjoy recreational root canals?