I understand from all my email that Jack Cashill has posted another Obama/Ayers article. I wonder what non-tendentious conclusions he’ll draw this time?
- Ayers and Obama both describe the crisis in the Chicago school system as “perpetual.”
- Ayers and Obama both complain about increasingly larger educational bureaucracies.
- Ayers and Obama both criticize the “status quo.”
In short, the liberal politician and the liberal academics both air liberal grievances. For some reason, Cashill finds this compelling. The reason, of course, is that Cashill’s not that bright. Need more proof?
- Ayers and a ’60s radical in Obama’s book both bitch about the Man.
- Ayers and a ’60s radical in Obama’s book both think education is a tool belonging to the Man.
Cashill is actually shocked by the fact that Bill Ayers, a ’60s radical, makes statements similar to those made by ’60s radicals. He believes the fact that Bill Ayers, a ’60s radical, and other ’60s radical use the same language to be incriminating.
He must be the only person to watch a Cheech and Chong movie sober and wonder, on account of them talking so similarly, whether they weren’t actually the same person.