Creepy

[ 57 ] October 31, 2008 |

Jonah Goldberg wants “non-culty Obama supporters” to admit that it’s “creepy” when a man — driven to desperation for who knows what reason — throws himself off a bridge and allegedly leaves a note behind asking Barack Obama to take care of his family.

Call me a liberal fascist, but I find the details of an anonymous man’s suicide substantially less creepy than someone who uses it as an opportunity to remind everyone that some dirty fucking hippie once called Obama a “lightworker.”

That said, I suppose it’s hardly worth mentioning Pantload is ill-suited to measure the depths of “creepy,” since as far as I’m able to gather, he’s failed to distance himself from Rich Lowry for sprouting a chubby during the vice presidential debate.

1. FireWarrior says:

For similar reasons, I maintain, and will always maintain, that Jodie Foster must be punished for being so damn irresistible back in 1981.

2. bitchphd says:

I don’t find this creepy at all. I find it terribly, terribly sad. That poor man.

3. bitchphd says:

4. bitchphd says:

5. witless chum says:

“You know, this is actually the kind of thing that I think sounds a little less crazy when you step back and view the world through a hypothetical political-spectrum-inversion filter. Honestly, given my own left-wing political identity, if I read a story where someone killed themselves and left a note asking Sarah Palin to take care of their families, I would find that kind of creepy, not just because of the suicide but for the cultlike atmposphere of the incident.”
    I’m with Dr. B, just above. It just seems like a weird, sad little detail and would feel the same, I’m confident, in an ideological reversal.
    I’d just like to think that even if I was a conservative, I’d still know a moron Pantload when I read one.

6. witless chum says: